As an AVANGRID intern, you will be part of a team by supporting the company's strategic direction while tackling current industry challenges. During this internship, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside mentors and professionals who rank among the best in their fields.
This program is a key pipeline for a full-time opportunity at AVANGRID.
AGILE Talent Program
Engineering Development & Rotational Program
AVANGRID recognizes that STUDENTS represent the next generation
of professionals in the energy industry.
- AVANGRID's Internship Program is a Cooperative Education Program (CO-OP) committed to helping higher education students apply classroom theories and methodology in practical work settings.
- We provide students a captivating and rewarding opportunity to develop work skills in an exciting and professional work environment.
- Students are exposed to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, provided with mentors to help them determine academic and career goals, opportunities to develop professional relationships, and increased employment prospects at AVANGRID and throughout the energy industry upon successful completion of a related degree program.
WHAT degree programs do we focus on?
- Engineering-based: Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Environmental.
- Information Technology.
- Customer Service.
- Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Business-based: Human Resources, Marketing, Administration, Accounting, and Finance.
- Regulatory Strategy.
- General Counsel.
- Attend a 12-week internship program
- Apply college learning and implement innovative solutions to real-world challenges
- Undertake cross-functional activities to broaden your knowledge of AVANGRID and its companies
- Participate in our mentoring program
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or above in a related discipline
- Minimal to no professional experience
WHERE do students work?
AVANGRID's energy delivery companies include:
- Central Maine Power (CMP); main locations include New Gloucester, ME
- New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG); main location Binghamton, NY
- Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E); main location Rochester, NY
- United Illuminating (UIL); Connecticut
- Renewables; Portland, OR