Health and Wellbeing
Health and Wellbeing
At Avangrid, we take a “Total Health” approach to benefits and well-being with inclusive programs designed to support employees’ physical, financial, emotional, and social health. From a top tier 401(k) match to high-quality medical plans, to a wide array of education and wellbeing options, we’ve got you and your family covered through each stage of life.
We regularly assess our programs to ensure they are inclusive and relevant to our employees’ needs. Below are examples of the types of benefits Avangrid typically makes available:
- Work-Life Balance
- A competitive allotment of Paid Time Off and company holidays.
- Paid Parental Leave – allowing parents paid time off to bond with a new child through birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement.
- Options for office-based employees to engage in flexible work, such as a hybrid schedule.
- Time off for a variety of additional life circumstances, such as bereavement, military service, and jury duty.
- Core Health Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans as well as HSAs and FSAs – so you can choose the coverage levels that are best for you and your stage of life.
- Short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D coverage.
- Retirement Savings
- Our 401(k) match is one of the best around, and we make it easy to save for your future with features like automatic enrollment, an auto increase program, and 1:1 consultations with financial advisors.
- Additional Programs
- Fertility and family-forming coverage – supporting avenues such as fertility treatment, adoption, fertility planning and freezing, and surrogacy.
- Financial well-being programs, such as emergency savings accounts and retirement education.
- Educational support – for example, a Student Loan Debt Repayment program, which provides eligible employees with a $250 monthly cash payment made directly to their student loan provider (up to a $9,000 lifetime max).
- Subsidized back-up care options for children, elder family members, and those with special needs.
- Mental health support and incentives to help you care for yourself– a network of Mental Health First Aiders, apps for mindfulness and sleep quality, and confidential access to counselors.
- A variety of additional options that allow employees to make choices that meet their individual needs, such as telemedicine, college coaching, gender-affirming support and services, medical claims navigation, identity theft protection, legal assistance, and pet insurance.
- Our compensation package includes competitive base pay, incentive, and recognition programs.
- Volunteering and Giving Back
- In partnership with the Avangrid Foundation, we are proud to support employee giving and volunteering through our Energized for Good! Program, which supports local non-profits by offering a cash match for employee donations, as well as direct donations for each hour of employee volunteer time.
DISCLAIMER: Employee eligibility will vary depending on the applicable plan document’s terms and conditions and any applicable collective bargaining agreement. The information above does not replace, amend, or supplement any applicable collective bargaining agreement or any applicable plan documents. The terms expressed in any applicable collective bargaining agreement or plan document will control.