Becoming a Co-Op or an Intern for AVANGRID is a rewarding opportunity for current students who want to explore challenging opportunities within their chosen education field, create positive working relationships, and work with an established and respected energy provider.
AVANGRID recognizes that STUDENTS represent the next generation
of professionals in the energy industry.
- AVANGRID's Internship Program is a Cooperative Education Program (CO-OP) committed to helping higher education students apply classroom theories and methodology in practical work settings.
- We provide students a captivating and rewarding opportunity to develop work skills in an exciting and professional work environment.
- Students are exposed to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, provided with mentors to help them determine academic and career goals, opportunities to develop professional relationships, and increased employment prospects at AVANGRID and throughout the energy industry upon successful completion of a related degree program.
WHAT degree programs do we focus on?
- Engineering-based: Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Environmental.
- Information Technology.
- Customer Service.
- Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Business-based: Human Resources, Marketing, Administration, Accounting, and Finance.
- Regulatory Strategy.
- General Counsel.
WHO is eligible to apply?
- Currently enrolled undergraduate (60 hours+) or graduate students at an accredited academic institution.
- Students who are active in their senior year if the program will be during the Summer immediately following graduation.
- Individuals that possess excellent communication skills and business-area specific knowledge.
HOW long is our Internship Program?
- Average of 10 weeks, business-area specific positions may allow for extensions.
WHERE do students work?
AVANGRID's energy delivery companies include:
- Central Maine Power (CMP); main locations include New Gloucester, ME
- New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG); main location Binghamton, NY
- Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E); main location Rochester, NY
- United Illuminating (UIL); Connecticut
- Renewables; Portland, OR