We Put Energy Into What Really Matters
2022 Wildlife Rehabilitation Program
Applications are open for 2022 Wildlife Rehabilitation Program, all organizations must complete and e-mail a funding request and related documents by midnight on August 21, 2022 to email@example.com. “The Foundation is committed to wildlife protection, preserving healthy ecosystems and promoting biological diversity—all of which are essential for a sustainable future” said Pablo Colón, Director of Corporate Citizenship and Executive Director of the Avangrid Foundation.
In 2021, the Avangrid Foundation awarded $100,000 in grants to 13 wildlife rehabilitation organizations. You can learn more about them here.
The goals of the 2022 partnerships include:
- Support community/regional wildlife rehabilitation centers caring for injured wildlife;
- Support outreach to the public to improve knowledge and awareness of wildlife resources and renewable energy; through providing information, training and resources;
- Foster a relationship with rehabilitation centers to enhance mutual awareness, aid their understanding of the value of energy/renewable energy, and strengthen relationships with the environmental community where we have an operating presence.
- Eligible 501(c)(3) organizations or qualified entities may apply.
- Organizations whose primary mission includes wildlife rehabilitation.
- Organizations with more than one year of operating activity.
- Organizations that hold current, applicable permits from the appropriate agencies to handle and rehabilitate wildlife.
Documents for RFP:
About the Avangrid Foundation
The Avangrid Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) organization that engages in mission-driven giving and is the principal philanthropic arm of AVANGRID, Inc., based in Orange, Connecticut.
Since 2002, the Foundation and its predecessors has invested millions of dollars in grants, contributions, scholarships and matching gift programs with a focus on building sustainable, vital and healthy communities, preserving cultural and artistic heritage, advancing education and improving the lives of people in the communities we serve.
The Avangrid Foundation primarily invests in qualified charitable organizations, programs and philanthropic partnerships in communities where AVANGRID and its subsidiaries operate.
For a map of AVANGRID, please visit this site.
The Avangrid Foundation is an affiliate of the Iberdrola Foundation, based in Spain. The giving carried out by the Avangrid Foundation is wholly independent of Iberdrola, the Avangrid Management Company and/or locally-based corporate contributions programs administered by the subsidiaries and operating companies of AVANGRID.
In collaboration with AVANGRID, the Foundation also recognizes AVANGRID's scope of activity in executing the company’s corporate social responsibilities entrusted to it by the board of directors of AVANGRID.
Foundation Profile Sheet
To learn more about Avangrid Foundation partnerships, visit our blog AVANews
To watch the Avangrid Foundation in action, visit our YouTube page here
The Avangrid Foundation is committed to extending the philanthropic reach of AVANGRID’s nearly 7,000 employees throughout the United States. As part of this commitment, the Foundation is a partner to The AVANGRID Employee Giving Program. The Foundation offers a 50 percent match on the dollar for employee contributions to the causes they care about, with thousands of qualifying non-profit organizations eligible nationwide. The newly expanded program, launched in early 2021, builds on a legacy of generations of AVANGRID employees who dedicate their time, talent and funds toward helping others and sustaining vibrant and vital communities.
U.N. Sustainable Development Goals
The Avangrid Foundation’s giving aligns with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a call for global action to tackle the major environmental, social and economic challenges threatening the future of the planet through more inclusive and sustainable development models.